Sunday 18 May 2014

Put It On The List

Time for another installment of Magic Future Garden That Will Have The Space And The Environmental Conditions To Support All These Plants (And Which I Hopefully Won't Kill Through Ineptitude)!

The previous installment can be found here.


Grevillea



Lovely colours and they bring in various birds.


Dwarf river wattle (or Acacia Cognata)


I just like the look of these, they fill their part of the garden nicely and look soft to the touch.


Woolly bush (or Adenanthos sericeus)


 But not as soft as the woolly bush which Mum and I call 'huggable Christmas trees'. These are lovely and very hardy.


Kangaroo paw


These are bright when they flower and as natives will deal with the odd year of shitty weather better than some other plants.


Pimelea ferruginea


Pretty as hell and apparently they'll bring in the butterflies.


Mulberry tree


We had one of these in our backyard in Coffs Harbour and I remember sitting on the fence amongst the branches picking ripe berries until I gave myself a stomach ache. Totally worth it.


Ornamental grapevine


I'm more interested in the look than whether they produce grapes or not. Growing your own grapes that turn out right, rather than bitter, is a bit of a crapshoot but having a nice vine that you can put across a trellis or use to shade you from the sun is a better bet.

No comments: