125g (4oz) butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
150g (5 oz) raw peanuts
- Look at your beeping phone and wonder why it is beeping.
- Read the reminder that has popped up to let you know there is going to be another pointless morning tea at work celebrating the ongoing march towards entropy that only take place because a handful of people would get shitty if nobody sang them Happy Birthday after 'Everybody else got a morning tea!'
- Grumbling in a resentful fashion, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Thunk a bowl down on the counter and cream the butter and sugar. If you can be bothered, use the electric beaters and get a bit of a fluffier mix, if you are feeling cranky and don't feel like it the mixture turns out just as well if mixed by hand.
- Slap the egg in. Grind it into the dust, I mean batter!
- Fold through the flour, baking powder and surprisingly hard to locate in the supermarket raw peanuts. I mean you'd think peanuts in the shell would be an easy bet to be raw but no, they're roasted too! And BBQ flavoured!
- Shape tablespoon sized chunks of mixture into balls and press them down a bit onto a baking paper covered baking tray. Imagine they are the faces of the most immature of your mid-50s co-workers.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until they look particularly golden delicious and then cool on a wire rack.
- Eat half the biscuits with coffee because you've earned them dammit and everybody else will stand around talking about how they really shouldn't because they're already so fat and on a diet and blah blah blah blah.
- Take a deep breath and get over it. Until the next morning tea.